Traveling to unfamiliar destinations can bring for you the type of troubles you don't want to see during the street namely: robbery, rape, or murder. Tourists often fall prey to perpetrators as they do not prepare properly before starting your trip. Let's examine several things you want to do to avoid your travels from being a tragedy:
1. Never list your house address around the luggage tag. If on business, put the company's address on the tag; if visiting friends try listing their address. Use covered luggage tags too. atrakcje turystyczne kaszuby
2. Stick with your luggage before the luggage is checked. Should you must place your bag down, keep one foot on the handle.
3. Carry important papers with you; NEVER check something that you simply can't afford to lose. Photocopy your passport, driver's license and credit cards.
4. Bring a little flashlight. You never know when you'll suddenly be "in the dark" and discover yourself in unfamiliar surroundings. During the night, keep your flashlight by your bed.
5. Ensure your prescription medicines are filled properly and labeled accurately. In some countries certain prescription medicines are forbidden.
6. Never wear anything that projects affluence. No gold chains, expensive watches and rings, luggage, or other paraphernalia should be in easy view. Even better: leave your jewelry at home.
7. If at all possible travel with only a couple of credit cards.
8. Women particularly should never accept a drink from a stranger. Keep an eye on your drink at all times.
9. Vary your schedule; try not to appear and disappear at the same time everyday.
10. Only remain in a hotel that utilizes cards to open room doors and make sure your room has a peephole and a deadbolt lock. Secure the chain and secure the door by pushing a rubber stop under it.
11. Stay in a room near a stairwell. Never go ahead and take elevator if a fire or smoke is detected. Always stay in a hotel in which the doors enter the hallway and never from the exterior.
12. Don't wear name tags in public places.
13. Don't use unmarked taxi cabs.
14. Sit behind the motive force so you can see him, but he cannot see you.
15. Pay the driver upon arriving at your destination even though you are still relaxing in the vehicle.
16. Should you must rent an automobile, rent only from the reputable company. Any operating issues that occur could signal sabotage.
17. Be familiar with 'staged' car accidents designed to catch you off card.
18. Back to your parking spaces to facilitate a fast exit.
19. Park only in well lit and well traveled areas.
20. If your mobile phone doesn't work outside of the country, opt to rent one which does for the duration of your vacation.
21. If detained for reasons uknown by the official, request identification. If uncertain, let them know that you want to determine his superior. Keep the emotions in check.
22. If going with children, bring along an updated photograph of each child when you feel separated from them.
23. Write your son or daughter's name as well as your hotel number on each card; incorporate a close friend's or relative's contact details around the card. Provide a card to each child that they will carry together so long as you are away. Destroy once home.
24. Discuss with your loved ones what they would do in event of the emergency while away from home, e.g. whom to, how to contact emergency personnel, etc.
25. Do not discuss departure date, your room number or other personal information in public within earshot of strangers.
26. Take along a fundamental emergency first aid kit with bandages, iodine, mosquito repellant, sunscreen, alcohol packets, dramamine, pepto bismol, diarrhea medicine, etc.
27. Familiarize yourself with train and bus schedules before traveling. Have an alternate plan in place in case your transportation plans change.
28. Don't flash your passport in public. Discreetly show important documents to officials only.
29. Consider purchasing portable alarms that emit a loud sound.
30. Watch for scams on the street. Children dealing with adults are notorious as pickpockets.
31. Never flash your hard earned money in public places. Exchange funds with reputable and recognized exchangers only.
32. Have tips ready in advance for service personnel.
33. Opt to rent an escort [security] service if driving places that crime is high.
The important thing to safe driving any area is situational awareness. Distractions due to luggage, children, hotel personnel, strangers, etc. can place you in danger. Know your surroundings and stay in charge of every situation.